Monday 13 June 2011

Mark's Original Notebook Calendar

This was a present from a friend, although in fairness I had waved it under her nose in the shop and repeated 'I'd like this for Christmas please' several times.  I figure subtlety is overrated sometimes.  Mark's produces some other gems such as the le + zippe pochette essentialle which I just happen to have an A6 version of.  However back to the schedule.
It, as the cover suggests, is a month on one page.  Now the boxes of course are not huge and so it cant be used to write in a lot of detail about many appointments.  That being said i have managed to put enough detail in for my purposes.  As I may have mentioned before I work from more than one base and keeping track of where I am going to be not only keeps me sane but helps me plan my future appointments.  Obviously I wont show you my appointment detail but I do like a bit of colour coding.....
There is a space at the top for each month where I guess you could put in your goals for the month or some wise words of wisdom or perhaps some vital must-do items.  The other neat feature is the the back of each month page is lined so that you can lay the whole calendar flat and write notes or tasks alongside each month.
The paper is more like card which I love.  I often write diary entries in pencil for obvious reasons but it also happily takes a rollerball or gelpen.  It is a very thin and easily carried calendar that I have found really useful so far.  it isn't my main appointment diary but more my planner to help me keep tabs on where I am meant to be and assess how my month ahead is shaping up.
This was purchased in Paper Tiger, a wonderful shop on Lothian Road in Edinburgh.  I haven't come across it on any of my usual online shops although the lovely Papernation do have some other items from the Mark's range.

3 comments:

Kirstin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kirstin said...

I liked the look of this notebook calendar so I had to do some Google sleuthing and I found their website. Now I just have to see if they ship to the USA.

http://www.online-marks.com

Sarah said...

I do something like that with my calendars but I go rather wild with the different colours of pens and by the end of it I can never remember what each colour signifies.
Thanks for mentioning where you got that one from, I will pay attention next time I am in Edinburgh.