Tuesday 2 February 2010

Groundhog day

I feel I cant let Groundhog Day go by without comment.  Mainly because the film of the same name is one of my favourites.  Odd perhaps to watch a film about reliving the same day over and over again, over and over again.  Yet I have.  And of course while the tradition relates to whether or not Punxsatawny Phil sees his shadow or not and then whether there are 6 more weeks of winter or an early spring the film has influenced our view of the whole thing.

I have to admit to not being greatly optimistic about an early spring as the snow fell this morning in Glasgow.  I'm hopeful I wont relive the same day over and over again.  Not that it was that bad but it certainly wasn't that good.  But perhaps we should always try to do something different every day.  No matter how small the difference.  It's too easy to get into a rut and forget to enjoy life.  What did I do different today?  I chased my daft dog round the house while it ran about with a toy, always ten steps ahead.  I did say it didn't have to be a big difference.

No comments: