Wednesday 15 October 2008

NaNoWriMo


It's been ages since I did a post and I do think it might always be this way. Haphazard. To fill my free time or rather to refill non free time with something different I am going to have a go at NaNoWriMo. This is an annual event every November where individuals are encouraged to write a 50000 word novel in a month. No mean feat! Of course the output is rarely going to be a novel you would get someone else to read I think but the aim is to just write. get the words down instead of staring at a blank page. All you win is the satisfaction of writing 50000 words but the challenge itself seems enough. There are forums to discuss plots and characters and even local meets (Edinburgh and Glasgow both have a region amazingly).

I hope to use time on the train between Glasgow and Edinburgh and maybe a bit at lunchtime (if I have time) to write as much as I can. Unlikely I'll have time in the evenings so it might be pretty much impossible to do (over 3 full A4 pages a day). Anyway I hope to just do what I often avoid and that's write something.
Why dont you do it too?

No comments: