Wednesday 13 August 2008

Global Warming?

Well it feels like global warming. It's warm in Scotland (by our standards) but my is it wet! Last week the commute to Edinburgh was extended quite a bit due to flooding in Princes St Gardens. Two and a half hours to Edinburgh in the morning and two hours back to Glasgow. It's a 50 minute journey normally. Rail company was actually not bad at communication although when the train arrived at the outskirts of Edinburgh and we were told it might take an hour to get into Edinburgh I did think they could've mentioned that in Glasgow. Some folk might have decided to give the trip a miss. The water was certainly higher than the tracks and the noise of the wheels wasn't normal. I dont think there was much else that could've been done. Luckily I had several notebooks with me to do some work on....

This week we've had flash floods in Fife and Lanarkshire. All very unusual. We have a lot of rain but usually spread over the whole year. Is it global warming? Is that something we can change? I'm not convinced, keep feeling that the Earth does this on it's own regardless of human beings. Wonder if I'm alone with that view.......

Maybe I need to do an article on inflatable boats soon.

No comments: